Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Not a New Year Resolution but a Current Year Achievements – pelik benor tajuk post


Hi

Hello, it the last day of 2013.

And for most of us, Degree students are facing finals. Just finished Akidah Islam paper and people, that subject is in Arabic. Hardcore Arabic guys T.T

But still me just tawakal as usual lah, got 6 more papers to go.

Anyhow, I manage to squeeze in an update, though this blog was last updated since when entah I rasa macam lama betul tak update, atas alasan basi, malas, takde masa, writer’s block etc etc, even writing this dah bercampuk aduk bahasa. Sorrylah exam week otaknya mixed up, nasib baik tak taip arab je.

Anyhow,

Alhamdulillah
Alhamdulillah
Alhamdulillah for such a great year.

As I planned before ( early 2013 ) I will list out my 2013 resolutions at the end of the year and share whether I berjaya achieve tak. Either way, my resolutions are not that so extravagance sangat pun, biasa biasa je. Manusia biasa nak jadi luar biasa.

Pai’s 13 for 2013

1)     3.8  and above sem 2 results
2)     IELTS / Mandarin
3)     One Short Film
4)     Khatam Al-Quran
5)     Laser Tag/ Paintball
6)     3 English novel
7)     Maintain weight 53-54kg
8)     Savings RM350
9)     Panjat Broga
10)   Travel
11)   Hafal 2 surah panjang & surah pendek
12)   Turun Surau
13)   Road trip

 nasib baik simpan list dalam purse



1)      3.8 and above sem 2 results – Mission Failed

Aha, for this, sadly I just got 3.49. Well to be honest, it was kind of hardcore semester with the Organic Chemistry and Physics and some non-related subject tapi still kene ambil  packed in one semester.  Nak sedapkan hati yang dean’s list time sem ni 3 orang je, hiks. So tak rasa left out sangat.

Major ramai pointer menurun gara gara carry marks yg tak seberapa. Aha.

But still abah said “ Ni mesti sebab you busy buat video, gred pun turun “
Aku no komen, cuma terfikir “ Agaknya arwah Yasmin Ahmad dapat pointer tinggi tinggi tak time kat Uni ?”

Sem 3? Hmmm, gua no komen, no komen. At least ada peningkatan from sem 2 pun dah bersyukur.            


2)      IELTS / Mandarin – Mission KIV-ed

This resolution is possible actually as in my Uni offers Mandarin classes, but as I rethink again and again, I can’t give a full commitment due to other activities ( of koslah buat video hahaha)

Tapi, based on my experience on learning Mandarin for 2 years during my SBP life, you need to practice it, or else memang ke laut lah ilmu tu. Honestly, out of hundreds of Mandarin vocabs, I can only remember not more than 10 mandarin words; yes I know how pathetic I am.

So I KIV-ed this mission to take Mandarin classes. Maybe bila nak start keje, lagipun I will work in the Food Industry, and 70% in this industry are Chinese people. Tapi ada gak yang kata belajar Hokkien  or Cantonese, lagi widely used, so mana mana jelah. Haha

Oh yang IELTS tu sbb aku jeles tengok member overseas sibuk ambik, so aku macam nak amik gak. Bajet budak local nak dua sijil MUET and IELTS. I did not skipped this though, I did surveyed classes and dates for the IELTS exam but clash with this and that. So I KIV-ed this one too.


throwback zaman sekolah

3)      One Short Film – Achievement Unlocked and Opened to many opportunities

The first short I made in 2013 was for the MUSAQ an Arabic video competition.  Mine was entitled 3 Siti, this short I dapat ilham from cerita P. Ramlee’s 3 Abdul. For this project sampai ke KLIA kiteorang shoot. Thanks mek,mai,amna,mass,fiz,limah,tin and others yang terlibat ! Tapi yang sedihnya, because the rule was to make a 10 minute video, so ours was 10 minutes and 34 secs, our video was not selected to be judged pun. Haha sadis. Anyhow, had lots of fun making this video. Arabic wehh, Arabic !

Memanglah berazam nak buat satu je video, tapi by this time, I’ve already managed to build up a crew of my own.

Alhamdulillah, Light Motion Production is a part of my life now and we make videos for fun. Consists of 8 members, 2 girls and 6 weird boys. Haha. But these weirdos add colors to my life.

Though macam baru je Light Motion Production tapi Alhamdulillah, rezeki tu sentiasa ada utk kami. Menang a few awards, dijemput berkongsi pengalaman, interviewed by MHI , shortlisted for a few competitions, dapat offer utk wakil Uni in this and that. Again all of this couldn’t happen without all the support from many people and most important Allah’s will. Alhamdulillah sangat sangat.

Link to 3 Siti's Trailer - 3 Siti 



 keputusan Festival Filem Pendek Pelajar Malaysia 10
next year kat MMU lak
doakan


MHI interview


Malam FFVPM 10


Malam Kemuncak ALIF short video competition


Berkongsi pengalaman di bengkel en Zabidi


family baru


4,11,12) Khatam al-quran, Hafal 2 surah panjang & pendek – Alhamdulillah, successfully

Honestly, yang khatam al-Quran tu, on the 29th of December I managed to khatam, memang sangat sangat di ambang akhir tahun.

Well ada yang kata, aik, lamanya nak khatam. This is because, bila kita baca al-quran dengan maksudnya sekali, memang ambil masa. Tapi honestly speaking, baca quran dengan mendalami maksud, buat you rasa rendah diri sangat sangat. Betapa indahnya kalam kalam Allah.

For the 2 surah panjang, takde lah as long as Ar-Rahman, I just memorize the surah from my younger years, alah, time zaman sekolah agama dulu, juzu’ ammar. Teringat zaman ustaz Fadhil pegang rotan , get ready nak rotan sesape tak hafal surah An-Naba and An-Nazi’at.

I do get envy with some of my Hafiz and Hafizah friends, they already have al-quran in their hearts. They understand each and every wordings and stories in al-quran. May Allah bless them. Seriously speaking, when I have kids nanti, nak hantar my kids to Tahfiz. All my friends yang Hafiz and Hafizah memang genius sebab they all terang hati, hati penuh dengan ayat al-quran. Ilmu pun senang masuk.



5)      Laser tag/ Paintball – Mission Failed

For this, sadis sangat, sebab satu, tak cukup orang and lagi satu again, masa. Asal weekend je mesti ada event or program to conduct or attend.

I pictured myself playing laser tag with my bukit beruntung friends but mostly of them kat overseas geram betul lah. Haha. Tapi ramai je local, cuma masing masing busy, entah bila boleh betul betul nak kumpul main.

Once, due to frustration of waiting and eagerness to play Laser tag or paintball, I dah hampir nak book main sorang sorang and play with random strangers. Tapi tak jadi, sebab takot masuk team budak budak and kalah dengan budak budak. Ah total failure.

And now, people are saying that playing Escape Room pulak dah. Even one of my sisters dah pi, and from the pictures I can say, so much funlah.  Dah tu, macam lah banyak sangat duit nak main semua bende ni. Face palm.

            6) 3 English Novel - Unlocked

Thanks to the book voucher I read more than 3 English novels. Haha. 

1) An Idiot Abroad : The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington
2) Chicken Soup for the Soul : Extraordinary Teens ( baca balik after 2012)
3) The 100 year old man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared 
4) Teh Tarik Kaw Wunne !
5) Casual Vacancy - now reading
 and others, lupa dah tajuk 

7) Maintain weight 53-54kg – Berjayayayaya

Aha, for this because since puasa ramadhan I was on diet, diet nasi.
This is because my netball coach said “ Pai, kau kalau lari, selalu tertinggal punggung “ Sentap. As in lari lambat T.T

So due to my sentap-ness , I planned my own diet, a diet without nasi for 3 months.  Before diet my weight was 56kg , but after the diet managed to reduce till 50.5kg. Teammates netball pun tegur nampak kurus. Eceh. Oh , and tak lari tinggal punggung dah.

But now, dah back to normal diet, with nasi. Ha, lagi lagi tengah musim exam. I transformed to an eating machine. So current weight 53kg. so oklah.

bebudak netball

                8) Savings Rm350 – Checked

At first I want to make daily savings until I successfully kumpul Rm350 in total. But too slow, I just transferred RM350 to my Tabung Haji account. Haha. As simple as that, I managed to achieve this part of resolution.

Cuti sem ni, dah kene daftar untuk giliran Haji. Member daftar dah, dapat turn time umur 63 tahun. Aku nanti?

                9) Panjat Broga – not Broga but Datuk

One time memang tak tau kenapa trending betul orang buat trip pi Broga ni. But, for me I didn’t go to Broga but instead I went to Gunung Datuk. And people, it was not as easy as Broga, as broga is a bukit, and Datuk is a Gunung. Does this even make sense? Haha

My point is, Gunung Datuk is much much much hardcore. Where people climb this gunung to practice for the expedition to Mount Kinabalu.  Because during my trip, had a small talk with some Singaporeans Climbers, they said they always come here to practice and do some fitness for the Mount Kinabalu expedition.

The night that we went home from Gunung Datuk, I was in great pain. Felt like all my bones were all broken and can’t walk properly. To properly describe, a zombie like walking for at least 3 days.


 view from G. Datuk

                10) Travel – Hello South East Asia !

Alhamdulillah had the chance to travel to 3 countries this year. Hong Kong, China and Vietnam.

Learnt a lot from many different cultures and gained fun and new experience.

Tapi memang betul lah, pergi la mana mana pun, Malaysia tetap di hati.

Makin banyak travel, makin sayang Malaysia. Period.

 Vietnam

 Shen Zhen, China

Hong Kong

1                   13)   Road trip – Still on hold

From what I describe a road trip is usually a solo expedition, or maybe with a few close friends. May be describe as a backpacking trip.

Sadly 2013, is not the year where I go for a road trip, but it is the year where I planned my first ever road trip and it is to Penang !

Alhamdulillah with umi’s and abah’s permission I finally had a chance to go for a road trip after I’m settled with this final exam.

Why Penang? Because I’m going to TROPFEST SEA The World’s Largest Short Film Festival !

Previously, this event was annually held in Australia, but for the first time ever, they expanded this big event to South East Asia and first ever country to be the tuan rumah is Malaysiaaaaa. So on th 25th of January 2014, short filmmaker and lovers from all around the world will gather in Penang for this event. Different backgrounds, different countries, different generations but with the same passion will gather and inspire one and another.  Share experience and share stories. Am getting goosebumps right now.

Thanks to Maisarah that will be my travel buddy for my first ever road trip. Alah, taulah member lain dah trip gempak gempak and saya baru nak bertatih. Well kita start slow slow, nanti nanti kita backpacking dgn crew LMP buat videos around the world. Eh, ini angan angan gitu je.




Well that is all for my very the spontaneous post update.

I can say that Alhamdulillah 2013 was a great year for me. Many ups and downs. Many hikmahs revealed. Yelah, people always say , “Alah you failed this time, sebab ada hikmah lah tu” .

So 2013 is the year where I now see the hikmah, I waited for this sort of hikmah since I turned down on the MARA scholarship 2011. Yes, 2013 is where all the hikmahs can be seen and 2014 is the year where I move on and pursue with great possibilities.

So just believe in Allah , dream big and be positive, just because we are awesome !




So what's Pai's 14 for 2014?

2014, 

Bismillah.













No comments:

Post a Comment